MEDITERRANEAN CEREALS PULSES OIL SEEDS AND PRODUCTS EXPORTERS' ASSOCIATION
Our Association, is a professional organization, operating in Mersin province of Turkey since 1940. Its mission is to contribute to the economic development of Turkey through improving foreign trade and to make them competitive in the World.
According to Turkish Exporters Assembly's sectoral classification, cereals, pulses and oil seeds sectors are of important in agriculture catagory with regard to export value.
Even though the turmoil in Turkey's neighboring countries like Iraq and Syria is going on, the fact that the aid agencies like the United Nations, the Red Crescent and the Red Cross have given preference to our country's exporters due to the logistic situation of Turkey, have ensured that our association export figures increase. However, our greater wish is that the conflicts taken place in our neighboring countries end as soon as possible and that this region can find peace, stability and serenity.
Mediterranean Cereals Pulses Oil Seeds and Products Exporters' Association, which has 1045 members, represents 10 sectors. These are;
- Cacao Products Exporters (chocolate and other food preparations containing cacao, cacao powder, cacao oil, cacao grain and fractures)
- Cereals Exporters (barley, wheat and meslin, corn, rice, buckwheat and other cereals)
- Milling Products Exporters (wheat flour, bulghur and semolina, starch, malt, other cereal flours)
- Oil Seeds and Products Exporters (flax seed, rep and rapeseed, other oil seeds, sunflower seeds, peanut, soy bean)
- Other Food Preparations Exporters (yeast and baking powder, cat and dog foods, soup broths and preparations, ice cream and other edible ices, coffee, Paraguay tea extracts, essences, concentrates and preparations)
- Pastry Products Exporters (biscuits, bakery products, pasta, pastry, wafer, waffle, cakes etc.)
- Pulse Food Exporters (red lentil, chickpea, other pulses, lentil, bean, green lentil)
- Spice Exporters (anise seed, fennel seed, coriander seed, cumin seed, juniper berries, ginger, saffron and other spices, pepper of the genus capscium and genus of the pimenta, black pepper, vanilla, cinnamon, clove, coconut)
- Sugar and Confectionery Products Exporters (all kinds of confectionery, chewing gums etc.)
- Vegetable Oil Exporters (sunflower seed oil, margarine, other vegetable oil and liquid oil with fractions, soybean and fractions)
The management board of our Association consists of management board members representing all these sub-sectors.
According to 2016 data Mediterranean Cereals Pulses Oil Seeds and Products Exporters' Association' exports reached 1,6 billion dollars. We contributed 16,6% share to Turkey exports, which was recorded 6,3 billion dollars in 2016. Our Associations' most exported product groups are red lentil, biscuits-wafer and sunflower seed oil while Iraq, Syria and Sudan are the countries with the highest exports respectively.