Mediterranean Aquatic and Animal Products Exporters' Association
Our association, of which the foundations were laid in 1940 by the Association of Southern Provinces Live Animal Exporters, was founded in order to organize and conduct activities on the purpose of increase of the inland and abroad demand in the Aquaculture and Animal products sector, the improvement of the image of sea products, branding abroad, increase of the exports in the target and existing markets and was named Mediterranean Aquactic and Animal Products Exporters' Association in 1986.
Mediterranean Aquatic and Animal Products Exporters' Association , which has presently nearly 350 members, represents 6 sectors. These are
- Poultry (Poultry meat and eggs)
- Aquatic products (Fresh,chilled, frozen, cured, smoked,dried,fillet fish,crustacens(e.g. lobsters,shrimps,crabs) and mollusc(e.g. oysters,scallops, mussels,snails and etc.
- Dairy products (milk and milk products,cheese,butter,cream,yoghurt,buttermilk,milk powder,etc.)
- Livestock(live horses,assaes,mules,hinnies,bovine animals,swines,sheeps,goats,live poultry,etc.)
- Other products of animal origin(casings,edible animal products(e.g.sausage)),other animal products(e.g.guts,bladders,stomachs,animal hair)